JOB TITLE: EVENTS COPY WRITER
We are currently looking for an Event Copy-Writer who will help us to create written content during the GKA Kite World Tour and GWA Wingfoil World Tour events. The candidate must be knowledgeable in water sports ideally in kitesurfing, windsurfing, stand-up-paddle boarding, surfing or wing foiling. The work will include travelling, daily reporting about event and athletes, creating story lines and working at the competition field. You will work closely with the event Media Team (media manager, photographer and filmmaker) to align all the content and tone so it is consistent across all events.
- Writing anything from event description copy to during the event articles and newsletters, and everything in-between.
- Summarising key event information into easy-to-understand components
- Narrate stories, write engaging headlines and maintain the highest standards for quality.
- Interview sports personalities including athletes, coaches and judges.
- Be able to write scripts for event highlight videos
- Work as a teammate while also having the ability to work independently and remotely
- Ensure copy is delivered on time and in line with the event guidelines.
- Proofread content for inconsistencies to ensure the right message is getting across.
- Writing experience for a newspaper, website, magazine in water sports is required.
- Journalism or communications degree is helpful, though equivalent experience will be considered.
- A portfolio or writing examples
- Experience in sport event industry
- Must be able to multitask and juggle many different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Ability to work quickly and accurately using a Web-based content management system.
- Must be creative, proactive and hardworking.
- Have excellent English; written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects in coordination with cross-departments
- A baseline knowledge of SEO experience and best practices
- Familiar with WordPress, Google Workplace, Dropbox, Zoom and Social Media
- Able to effectively work remote, and balance working with teams in global time zones.
- Able to travel worldwide
- Based in Europe
If interested, submit your application by filling in the form below along with your resume, be sure to include links to your best work.