Big Air World Championships 2022
VIDEO UPLOAD APPLICATIONS – CLOSING 13th MAY 2022
Welcome to the video application page for the Big Air World Championships 2022 – for the twintip, strapless and hydrofoil disciplines.
Click here to visit the official event page for all the up-to-date information about the event, location, live scores once the event has begun and more.
WHO WILL COMPETE?
TWIN-TIP: 24 men, 12 women
STRAPLESS: 12 men, 12 women
HYDROFOIL: 12 men, 12 women
HOW RIDERS WILL QUALIFY FOR EACH DISCIPLINE:
- Top 4 freestyle male riders from the 2021 GKA Kite World Tour ranking are already pre-qualified
- Top 4 riders from the Full Power Tarifa qualifier event running in May 2022
- 8 entries through video entry
- 8 entries through GKA wildcard invitations
- Top 4 hydrofoil and strapless kite-surf male and female riders and also top 4 freestyle female riders from the 2021 GKA Kite World Tour rankings are already pre-qualified
- 4 entries through video entry
- 4 entries through GKA wildcard invitations
Choose your best tricks to include in the video that best apply to the Big Air World Championships official judging criteria – click here for the official rule book:
Height and amplitude – The combination of height and amplitude of the tricks completed during the heat. As the wind conditions increase, this aspect will exponentially become more and more into consideration, but only when the height and amplitude are achieved along with risk factor and technical difficulty.
Technical Difficulty – The technical difficulty of tricks completed during the heat.
Commitment and Risk Factor – Pushing the limits under control will increase the chances of winning the heat. The Risk factor is the commitment of the competitor and physical challenge during the execution, duration of the critical moment, and energy on the execution.
Other judging criteria – such as variety, “wow” factor, smoothness, innovation, tricks landed vs crashes, will affect the overall impression.
UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS AND APPLY TO ENTER THE BIG AIR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022 BELOW
Each rider may only upload one video:
– Maximum video length: 1 minute
– Maximum video file size: 100mb